Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged
and discharged three times.
Use this conditioning process for all new batteries, or if a
battery hasn't been used for a long time.
Do not expose battery packs to temperatures below 0° C (32° F)
or above 45° C (113° F). Extreme temperatures may adversely
affect the battery pack.
The battery conditioning process ensures your battery
accepts the maximum possible charge. Failure to follow this
procedure will prevent you from obtaining the maximum
battery charge, and will also shorten the effective lifespan of
In addition, the useful lifespan of the battery is adversely
affected by the following usage patterns:
• Using the computer on constant AC power.
• Not discharging and recharging the battery to its extremes,
as described above.
• Frequent use; the more you use the battery, the faster it
will reach the end of its effective life. An embedded battery
has a life span of more than 1,000 charge/discharge
Optimizing battery life
Optimizing battery life helps you get the most out of battery
improving recharging efficiency. You are advised to follow
the suggestions set out below:
• Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for
• Remove accessories that are not being used (e.g. a USB
disk drive), as they can continue to draw power.
• Store your PC in a cool, dry place. The recommended
temperature is 10° C (50° F) to 30° C (86° F). Higher
temperatures cause the battery to self-discharge faster.
Battery pack - 49