66 - Frequently asked questions
R E Q U E N T L Y A S K E D Q U E S T I O N S
The following is a list of possible situations that may arise
during the use of your computer. Easy solutions are
provided for each one.
I turned on the power, but the computer does not start or
Look at the power indicator:
• If it is not lit, no power is being supplied to the computer.
Check the following:
• If you are using on the battery, it may be low and unable
to power the computer. Connect the AC adapter to
recharge the battery pack. You may need to wait a few
minutes before trying to turn your computer on again.
• Make sure that the AC adapter is properly plugged into
the computer and to the power outlet.
• If it is lit, check the following:
• Is a disc in the optical drive? Remove it and press <Ctrl> +
<Alt> + <Del> to restart the system.
• Do you have a USB storage device (USB drive or
smartphone) plugged into your computer? Unplug it and
press <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Del> to restart the system.
Nothing appears on the screen.
The computer's power management system automatically
blanks the screen to save power. Press any key to turn the
display back on.
If pressing a key does not turn the display back on, three
things might be the cause:
• The brightness level might be too low. Press <Fn> + < >
(increase) to adjust the brightness level.
• The display device might be set to an external monitor.
Press the display toggle hotkey to toggle the display back
to the computer.