A. Notes on discs:
1. Attempting to use non-standard hape discs (e.g. square, start, heart) may
damage the unit. Be sure to use round shape CD discs only for this unit.
2. Do not stick paper or tape, etc, onto the label side or the recording side of
any discs, as it may cause a malfunction.
3. Dirt, dust, scratches and warping discs will cause misoperation.
B. Notes on CD-Rs (recordableCDs)/CD-RWs (rewritable CDs):
1. Be sure to use discs with following marks only for the unit to play:
2. The unit cannot play a CD-R and CD-RW that is not finalized. (Please
refer to the manual of your CD-R/CD-RW recorder or CD-R/CD-RW
software for more information on finalization process).
3. Depending on the recording status, conditions of the disc and the
equipment used for the recording, some CD-Rs/CD-RWs may not be
played on this unit. (see *1)
*1: To have more reliable play back, please see following
a: Use CD-RWs with speed 1x to 4x and write with speed 1x to 2x.
b. Use CD-Rs with speed 1x to 8x and write with speed 1x to 2x.
c. Do not play a CD-RW which has been written for more than 5 times.
C. Notes on MP3 files (MP3 VersionOnly):
1. The disc must be in the ISO9660 level1or level 2 format, or Joliet or Ro-
meo in the expansion format.
2. When naming a MP3 file, be sure the file name extension is ".MP3".
3. For a non-MP3 file, even though the file name extension is ".MP3", the
unit cannot recognize it.