I X . C A R E A N D M A I N T E N A N C E
If your Travel Scooter is equipped with pneumatic
tyres and you have a flat tyre, you can have the tube
replaced. If your Travel Scooter is equipped with a
solid tyre insert, either the solid insert or the entire
wheel must be replaced depending on model. Contact
your authorised Pride Provider for information regard-
ing replacement wheels for your Travel Scooter.
WARNING! Wheels on your Travel
Provider or qualified technician.
WARNING! Be sure that the key is
removed from the key switch and the
Travel Scooter is not in freewheel mode
before performing this procedure.
Follow these easy steps for a quick and safe repair for solid tyres:
1. Remove the key from the key switch.
2. Elevate the side of the Travel Scooter of which you are removing the tyre. Place wooden blocks under
the frame to elevate the Travel Scooter.
3. Remove the drive wheel nut and washer from the axle. See figure 26.
4. Pull the wheel off the axle.
5. Slide the new wheel onto the axle. Make sure that the axle key is in the axle slot. See figure 26.
WARNING! Failure to ensure that the axle key is properly installed into the axle slot when
mounting the wheel can result in electronic brake failure, personal injury, and/or product
6. Reinstall the drive wheel nut and washer onto the axle and tighten.
WARNING! Make sure that both the nut and washer are reinstalled and tightened
7. Remove the block from beneath the Travel Scooter.
ABS PLASTIC SHROUDS
The shroud pieces are formed from durable ABS plastic and are coated with an advanced formula urethane
paint. A light application of car wax will help the shrouds retain their high gloss.
AXLE BEARINGS AND THE MOTOR/TRANSAXLE ASSEMBLY
These items are all prelubricated, sealed, and require no subsequent lubrication.
DRIVE WHEEL WASHER
Figure 26. Solid Tyre Wheel Removal
Elite Traveller Plus