IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Please read instructions carefully before using this unit as below.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be
followed, including the following:
WARNING - To reduce the risk of electric shock, ﬁ re or injury :
• Do not operate switches while driving. (Doing so could lead to accidents.)
• Do not install the unit in places where it could hamper visibility to the front or driving
operations, or in places where it could be dangerous to passengers. (Doing so could lead
to accidents or injury.)
• Do not put in places exposed to direct sunlight. (Do so could cause warping or
• This unit is designed exclusively for use in vehicles with 12V batteries. Do not use it
in other vehicles. Do not use the unit in large trucks, buses or other vehicles with 24V
batteries. (Doing so could lead to ﬁ re or electric shock.)
• Do not damage or modify the cord. Also, do not use the cord if it is damaged.
(The damaged section could cause short-circuiting and the cord could melt, leading to ﬁ re.)
If the cord is damaged, contact your store of purchase.
• Do not pull on the cord when unplugging the cigar plug or the unit connection plug. (Doing
so could damage the cord, leading to ﬁ re or electric shock.)
• Do not plug in or unplug the cigar plug or the unit connection plug with wet hands. (Doing
so could cause electric shock.)
• When transporting, be careful not to drop the unit or subject it to shocks.
(Doing so could cause injury or damage.)
If the unit should drop or get damaged, contact your store of purchase.
Continued usage as such could lead to ﬁ re or electric shock.
• Do not modify the unit. Also, no one other than an authorized repairman should take
apart or repair the unit. (Doing so could lead to ﬁ re, electric shock or injury.)
Contact your store of purchase for repairs.
• Do not spill beverages or drop cigarette ashes, metal objects, easily burnable objects,
etc., into the unit through the air outlet or air intake.
Be particularly careful if there are small children in your family. If water or foreign
substances should get inside the unit, unplug the cigar plug from the cigar lighter socket.
(Continued usage as such could lead to ﬁ re or electric shock.)
Contact your store of purchase.
• Do not wipe the unit with oils, alcohol, benzene or thinner, or spray hairspray or
insecticides on the unit.
If such substances should get on the unit, wipe them off immediately.
(Such substances could lead to cracking or electric shock or could catch ﬁ re.)
• Use the car adapter designed exclusively for this unit, and insert the cigar plug securely
all the way in until it stops.
(If the cigar plug is not inserted securely until it stops, it could heat up, deforming the
cigar lighter socket, and this could lead to ﬁ re.)
• If the fuse should blow, be sure to replace it with a 5A glass tube fuse (commercially
available). Never use a piece of wire, etc., in place of the fuse.
(Using anything other than the speciﬁ ed type of fuse could cause heating, leading to ﬁ re.)
• Be sure to unplug the cigar plug from the cigar lighter socket when cleaning. (Failure to
do so could cause electric shock or injury.)