2.1 Installation Instructions
An AP-6521 Series Access Point can attach to a wall, mount under a suspended T-Bar or mount above a ceiling.
Select a mounting option based on the physical environment of the coverage area. Do not mount the Access Point
in a location that has not been approved in a site survey.
To prepare for the installation, perform the following:
1. Verify the contents of the box includes the intended Access Point and accessory hardware.
2. Review site survey and network analysis reports to determine the location and mounting position for the
3. Connect a CAT-5 or better Ethernet cable to a PoE compatible device and run the cable to the installation
site. Ensure there is sufficient cable slack to perform the installation steps.
4. Determine whether the Access Point is powered using a Power Injector system, combining data and
power to the Access Point's GE1/PoE port or will be powered from a conventional power adapter
providing power only to the Access Point's DC-48V connector.
Before installing an AP-6521 model Access Point:
• Verify the intended deployment location is not prone to moisture or dust.
• Verify the environment has a continuous temperature range between 0° C to 40° C.
AP-6521 Access Point