Before You Begin
Congratulations on receiving a Motorola RNG200N HD Dual Tuner DVR. This document will help you set up your RNG200N to quickly get it up
READ THIS FIRST
1. Determine if you are connecting to a:
High-Deﬁ nition TV (HDTV)
Standard-Deﬁ nition TV
2. Determine if you are connecting the audio to a home theater receiver or directly to the TV:
• For an HDMI or IEEE-1394 video connection, no additional audio connections to the TV are required.
• For a DVI video connection, additional audio connections to the TV are required.
• If the receiver or TV has a digital audio (S/PDIF) input, use the Optical Audio (S/PDIF) output. Otherwise, use the left and right (RCA
phono) audio outputs.
3. Locate the cabling diagram(s) that best match the conﬁ guration.
4. Connect the audio and video cables in a manner matching that diagram.
5. Connect the Cable In terminal to the coaxial cable wall outlet.
6. Connect the power supply to the set-top and the electrical wall outlet.
7 . Perform the operational check for the remote control.
8. Optimize the high-deﬁ nition settings.
Additional information for adjusting user settings
The RNG200N User Settings menu allows you to adjust the video, audio, and closed captioning conﬁ guration of the set-top.
The User Settings menu can be accessed from the set-top remote by pressing Power and then Menu within 2 seconds.
For more detailed instructions on changing the set-top conﬁ guration through the User Settings menu, please refer to the RNG200N User Guide
available online at
RNG200N Quick Start Guide
Use the HDMI, component video (YPbPr), or IEEE-1394 outputs. No other video connection supports HDTV.
If the TV has no HDMI input but does have a DVI input, connect a DVI-to-HDMI adapter or cable to the HDMI
out connector on the set-top and the DVI input connector on the TV.
Use the RF Out connector on the set-top, if the TV does not support S-Video or composite video connections.
The RF connection carries video and audio.