Before You Begin
Before you move or change components on the subscriber's entertainment system:
Review the installation instructions.
Determine if you are connecting to a standard (analog NTSC supporting RF
input, Baseband Composite video or S-Video) or a High-Definition TV
(Component video, HDMI, DVI or IEEE 1394).
Determine if the subscriber has other equipment to be connected to the terminal
(Home Theater or A/V receiver, VCR, etc.). Verify that you have the necessary
cables and other required items.
If the terminal was previously used, clear its hard drive before installing it at a
new subscriber location
Clearing the Hard Drive
On a previously-used cable terminal, delete all recorded programs from the hard
drive before installing it at a new subscriber location. This prevents your new
subscriber from viewing programming they may not have purchased or may not want
To prevent subscribers from accidentally deleting all of their recorded programs, a
specific set of keystrokes is required to clear the hard drive. Having a TV connected
To clear the hard drive:
1. Start the diagnostics as described in the
the front-panel display.
2. Using a remote control, within five seconds, press
3. If you correctly enter this key sequence in five seconds or less, the hard drive is
cleared and the front-panel displays Clr.
4. If Clr is not displayed, re-enter the key sequence in step 2.
5. If Clr is displayed, press any other key to reset the terminal, turn it off, and
complete the clearing process.
. (On some remote controls, the
section; d 01 is displayed on
key may be labeled