4. Open the front cover of the printer and remove the ribbon
cartridge. If necessary lay down control panel. Using a soft
vacuum brush, gently vacuum the platen, print head carriage,
and surrounding areas. You can easily slide the print head to the
left or right when the power is off. Be careful not to press too
hard on the flat ribbon cable that extends from the print head
5. Re-install the ribbon cartridge. Close the front cover.
6. Raise the soundproof cover or paper table and rear stacker.
Vacuum the forms tractors and surrounding areas.
Cleaning the Platen
Clean the platen about once a month to remove excess ink. Use the
platen cleaner recommended by your supplier and proceed as follows:
1. Apply a small amount of platen cleaner to a soft cloth. Avoid
spilling platen cleaner inside the printer.
Do not use alcohol to clean the platen. Alcohol may cause the
rubber to harden.
2. Place the cloth against the platen.
3. To dry the platen, place a dry cloth against the platen.