Sharp ve-cg40u digital still camera operation manual (83 pages)
Summary of Contents for Sharp IV-S51M
Although IV-S51M is designed to create an objective measurement program by simply selecting and setting necessary parameters in accordance with the instruction given on the screen. In addition to this manual, a supplementary manual is provided to explain functions and settings.
Components of IV-S51M The components of IV-S51M are as follows. One(1) Controller IV-S51M • Two (2) Main housing angle brackets (for the bottom/backside) • Two (2) Main housing angle brackets (for the side) • Four (4) Securing screws • Two (2) D sub-connector (9-pin, D-sub, male, M2.6 lock screw for serial interface of IV-S51M) •...
• Do not touch the terminals while the power is turned ON or you may receive an electric shock. • Assemble an external emergency stop circuit and interlock circuit (external to the IV-S51M compact image sensor camera). Otherwise a breakdown or damage to the other equipment may occur due to a problem with the IV-S51M.
(4) Maintenance Warning • The IV-S51M controller contains a lithium battery. Do not expose the IV-S51M directly to flames as the battery may explode and seriously injure people nearby. Prohibit • Do not disassemble or modify the camera. Fires, breakdowns or malfunctions may occur, if the camera is disassembled.
Controller 24V DC USB terminal General-purpose serial USB mouse, I/F (RS-232C/RS-422) USB trackball USB terminal (Accessory for the IV-S51M) 100BASE-TX/10BASE-T Supporting tool IV-S50SPM Parallel output Optical system selection expert (16 output terminals) Analog RGB output Parallel input Commercially available analog RGB monitor...
24V DC available power supply When camera is connected • A maximum of two cameras can be connected to the IV-S51M. • Mixed use of different camera types (IV-S30C1/C2 and IV-S30C3/C4) is not supported. Camera mode Camera port Connectable camera...
2. Part Names and Functions This section describes the names and functions of the IV-S51M Controller. (Front) Power lamp Power terminal block IV-S51M POWER +24V Serial interface connector USB connector Terminator TERMINATOR LINK (termination resistance) lamp LAN interface connector Extension connector...
Connector for IV monitor to here when the LCD monitor (IV-08MP) is separately used. (IV MONITOR ONLY) This will be not used when a monitor and IV-S51M are directly connected. The camera cable connector is connected here. Camera 1 connector (CAMERA 1) •...
Fit the tab A of the IV-08MP in the notch part of the IV-S51M. Tab A To connect them, press the IV-S51M in place in the direction of the arrow so that the tab B is fit into the notch part. Make sure that the connectors of both units are firmly connected.
[ 2 ] When IV-S51M is connected to LCD monitor (IV-08MP) using the monitor cable When IV-S51M is connected to the IV-08MP using the monitor cable, secure the IV-S51M to the mounting surface with main housing angle brackets (accessory). IV-S51M can be mounted on the surface either at the bottom (when vertically placed), the side (when horizontally placed), or the backside.
IV-S51M is horizontally placed and its side surface is secured to the mounting surface. Main housing angle brackets Mounting surface Attach two (2) main housing angle brackets (for the side) to the side surface of the IV-S51M with securing screws (two each: M3×8). (Backside)
(3) Attachment at the backside surface The backside surface of IV-S51M is secured to the mounting surface. Main housing angle brackets Mounting surface Attach two (2) main housing angle brackets (for the bottom/backside) to the backside surface of the IV-S51M with securing screws (two each: M3×8)
Secure the IV-S51M to the mounting surface using four (4) mounting holes of main housing angle brackets. Main housing angle brackets CONTROLLER IV-S51M 3 - 5...
External dimension of the IV-S51M (Unit: mm) IV-S51M POWER +24V TERMINATOR LINK ANALOG CONTROLLER IV-S51M HALT C (-) CAMERA1 IV MONITOR ONLY CAMERA2 C (+) 126.4 136.4 External dimension of main housing angle bracket (Unit: mm) • For the attachment to the bottom/backside 2-ø3.5...
Connect the camera cable (IV-S30KC3/KC5/KC7) or the camera conversion cable (IV-S30HC) to the camera 1 connector (CAMERA 1) and camera 2 connector (CAMERA 2) on the IV-S51M. (Note) Only connect or disconnect the peripheral equipment including the camera while the power is OFF.
• Do not bend the camera cables repeatedly. • Make sure the installation location allows the enough space for the input/output wires going to the I/O terminal block and the power terminal block on the IV-S51M. (1) Vertical placement * When the IV-S51M is vertically...
IV-S51M. CAMERA IV MONITOR (3) Backside attachment * When the IV-S51M is mounted at the backside, make sure that the space of at least 10 mm is secured at the top and the bottom of IV-S51M.
(POWER: +24V, 0 V) on the IV-S51M. Use a 24 VDC±10%, 2A or more constant-voltage power supply. • Use an individual power supply to supply power to the IV-S51M. If the power supply is used to power other equipment, measurement error may occur.
Loosen the screw of the terminal by turning it anti-clockwise with slotted screw driver. Insert the peeled wire into the terminal and screw it up. After all the wiring is done, fit the terminal block in place on the IV-S51M, and secure it by tightening the screws at the flange.
Photocoupler open connector Output type 1.2V or less (80mA) ON voltage drop Photocoupler isolation Isolation method 1 ms or less (OFF to ON, ON to OFF) Response time Wiring to the IV-S51M Input Output Fuse Fuse C (+) Y0...Y15 C (-)
[ 3 ] Connection for communication with personal computer (general-purpose serial I/F) Connect a personal computer to the serial interface connector (RS-232C/RS-422) on the IV-S51M. A 9-pin D-sub, male connector is included with the IV-S51M. IV-S51M Personal computer IV-S51M POWER...
(2) When communicating through the RS-422 port Specify the 4-wire or 2-wire on the [Serial Communication Parameters] menu from the [System Conditions] menu of IV-S51M in accordance with the actual wiring system. 4-wire system Shielded twisted-pair cable RS-232C/RS-422 Personal computer...
C (+) Connect the computer link connector (RS-232C/RS-422) of a programmable controller to the serial interface connector (RS-232C/RS-422: 9-pin D-sub, female) on the IV-S51M. • In the case of RS-232C, the maximum communication cable length depends on the communication speed. → See item  for details.
[ 5 ] Connecting to the analog RGB monitor connector Connect an analog RGB monitor and the analog RGB monitor connector on the IV-S51M with a commercially available RGB monitoar cable. Commercially available analog RGB monitor HALT Commercially available monitor cable Pin arrangement of RGB monitor connector Pin No.
5. Specifications Item Specifications Image sampling system Monochrome 256 level No. of pixel Analog camera 512×480 Image memory Shared with image processing memory 64 object types No. of assignable object type No. of camera to be connected Up to 2 cameras Image processing Gray, binary conversion 33.3ms...
Item Specifications Object: single workpiece, multiple workpieces can be processed Position detection simultaneously Output: coordinate Object: single workpiece, multiple workpieces can be processed Position & simultaneously attitude angle Output: coordinate, angle Object: single workpiece, multiple workpieces can be processed Shape degree of simultaneously match inspection Output: Degree of match...
Item Specifications Input 16 points (X0 to X15) 12/24V DC 7mA (24V DC) Parallel interface Output 16 points (Y0 to Y15) 12/24V DC 80mA (open corrector) IPU external RS-232C/RS-422 (2-wire system/4-wire system) (2.4 to 115.2kbps) interface Serial interface upward calculator, PLC RS-232C/RS-422 (2-wire system only) used for lighting control Extension terminal Internal trigger...
Communication (General Purpose Serial Interface) The IV-S51M can communicate with a personal computer that transmits commands and receives responses to process measurement execution commands. List of processing function 1. Outline • The following functions and commands are supported by IV-S51M.
*2: Command specification and other details are described in "Optical system control function". 3. Data flow The data flow between the IV-S51M and a personal computer is shown below. 1) Measurement execution See "1. Outline 3. General Purpose Serial Data Flow".
4. Communication format The communication formats of the commands and responses between IV-S51M and a personal computer are outlined below. Command : Station No. * • • • • • • • SC SC CR (H ) (L ) Terminator...
1) Error detection using a checksum [Detection procedure] The ASCII code for each data byte, from the processing code to the end of text (prior to the checksum code), is added. The final value of " " is compared to the checksum code which is treated the same way. If the two values are identical, the command is considered to be valid.
5. Public command format 1) Measurement execution function: code 0010 • This command will cause the IV-S51M to execute all of the measurement program for a specified object type or the corresponding measurement program for a specified camera. • 512 bytes of the result data (from the beginning) of the measurement program will be sent back as the response.
Ex. 2 Measurement 1 Workpiece dimension measurement (Number of registration 1) • Maximum number of detection 3 = output as much as 2 labels, output data = total area, Number of workpiece, area for each workpiece, barycenter, and midpoint Total area Number of workpiece Registration 0...
Ex. 3 Measurement 1 Point sensor • 8 points are handled by 1 byte. • Black & white = FA Point No. Black & white White White White White White Black White Black 0 = Black, 1 = White [Example of HMI] [Output data (general purpose serial)] F C1 BRT Packet 0 Measurement 1...
3) Measurement execution 3: code 0012 • Execute all of the measurement programs for a specified object type or corresponding measurement program for the specified camera. • The arithmetic result of the measurement program will be divided into packets by each 512 bytes (64 data ×...
5) Result data reading 1: code 0111 • Reads the numeric value result of the last measurement. • The result data of the measurement program will be divided into packets by each 512 bytes (128 data × 4 bytes) from the beginning, and sent as the response. [Command] Station No.
7) Illuminance monitor: code 0118 • Executes the illuminance monitor function and read the measured illuminance and the evaluation result. [Command] Camera Station No. 0 SC SC CR No. (H ) (L ) [Response] Illuminance Station No. 0 RC RC RC RC Object type Result (H ) (L ) •••...
2 pt Result SC SC CR (H ) (L ) 10) Self-diagnosing: code 0300 • Checks for abnormalities of hardware at the image processing of IV-S51M. • Diagnosis RAM related (read after light), FROM related (system program checksum) [Command] Station No.
6. Private command format 1) Version reading: code F000 Reads the version of the image processing of IV. [Command] Station No. F SC SC CR (H ) (L ) [Response] : Station No. F 0 RC RC RC RC SC SC CR (H ) (L ) - 1 -10...
4) Parallel input instruction: codeF004 • Output the preset data (ON/OFF) to the parallel I/O terminal block (16 terminals). [Command] : Station No. F D0 D1 SC CR ••• ••• (H ) (L ) • Output data D0 to D15: 0 = OFF, 1 = ON [Response] : Station No.