_r_J FRONT INSTALLATION
Install the front grille (packed separately) onto the cabinet
• Hook upper tabs of front grille into slots on the cabinet
top. (FIG. 19)
• Push front grille towards the cabinet in order to snap side
tabs into the cabinet. (FIG. 19)
• Open the inlet grille. (FIG. 20)
• Install the screw (ITEM E) through the front grille. (Fig. 20)
• Close the inlet grille. (Fig. 21)
11/2"wide and same thickness as first strip) in the
center of the outer sill flush against the back of the
inner sill. Screw the L bracket (not supplied) into this
strip. To support the lower guide, screw an "L"
bracket (not supplied) into this strip as shown in
1 1/2" min.
WOOD STRIP MOUNTED
ON TOP OF INNER SILL
REMOVAL FROM WINDOW
•Turn off and unplug the air conditioner.
• Remove the front grille. See HOW TO REMOVE THE
FRONT GRILLE. Refer to page 12.
• Unscrew the side screws that you installed in Step 15.
• Slide the air conditioner out of the cabinet.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO DROP IT. Hold onto it firmly the
whole way sliding it out. Once removed, set it safety out
of the way.
• Remove the L bracket from window frame and the sash
seal from between the windows.
• Unscrew the side curtains from the window frame. Fold
them back to the sides of the cabinet.
• Remove screws attaching cabinet to inner sill. Be careful
not to let cabinet fall once screws are removed.
• Remove cabinet from window opening.
• Place air conditioner into cabinet. Reinstall side screws
and Front Grille.
• Place unit and all assembly hardware in air conditioner
shipping carton, and store in clean, dry place.
_'"J IF AIR CONDITIONER
STORM WINDOW FRAME
• If storm window presents interference, fasten a 2"
wide wood strip to the inner window sill across the full
width of the sill. The wood strip should be thick
enough to raise the height of the window sill so that
the unit can be installed without interference from the
the storm window frame. See FIG. 22.
Top of wood strip should be approximately 3/4"
higher than the storm window frame to help
condensation to drain properly to the outside.
• Install a second wood strip (approximately 6" long by
• Air conditioners covered in this manual pose an
excessive weight hazard. Two or more people
are needed to move and install the unit.
To prevent injury or strain, use proper lifting and
carrying techniques when moving unit.
• When handling the air conditioner, be careful to
avoid cuts from sharp metal fins on front and
• Make sure air conditioner does not fall during