Prior to using for the first time
Adding special salt
To decalcify the water softener, it must be filled up with special salt. Use only
special salt suitable for domestic dishwashers.
If you do not use 3 in1 detergent, fill up with special salt:
– Before using the dishwasher for the first time.
– If when starting a cycle the message REFILL SALT is displayed.
1. Open the door and remove the lower
2. Screw open the lid on the salt dispenser by
turning it anti clockwise.
3. Only when using the dishwasher for the
Fill the salt dispenser with water.
4. Place the funnel (supplied) over the dis
Fill the dispenser with special salt; the ca
pacity of the dispenser is approx. 1.0 1.5
kg, depending on the size of the grains. Do
not overfill the dispenser.
If water overflows when filling up with special salt, this is completely harmless.
5. Clean away any salt remnants from the dispenser opening.
6. Screw the lid back on in a clockwise direction.
7. Run a dishwashing cycle after filling the salt dispenser with special salt.
This will wash away salt water and salt crystals that have been spilt.
Depending on the size of the grains, it can take several hours for the salt to dis
solve in the water and for the message REFILL SALT not to be displayed when
starting a dishwashing cycle.