SPARK GAP TEST
1. Disconnect the spark plug cap from spark
2. Connect the dynamic spark tester 1 (igni-
tion checker 2) as shown.
Spark plug cap 3
Spark plug 4
È For USA and CDN
É Except for USA and CDN
3. Kick the kickstarter crank.
4. Check the ignition spark gap.
5. Start engine, and increase spark gap until
misfire occurs. (for USA and CDN only)
COUPLERS AND LEADS CONNECTION
Couplers and leads connection
Rust/dust/looseness/short-circuit → Repair
ENGINE STOP SWITCH INSPECTION
Engine stop switch conduct
Tester (+) lead → Black/White lead 1
Tester (–) lead → Black lead 2
No continuous while being pushed → Replace.
Continuous while being freed → Replace.
6 - 3
Minimum spark gap:
6.0 mm (0.24 in)
Ω × 1