Installation (Flush and Traditional fitting)
Technical information for the installer
• This appliance can be installed into a 20mm -
50mm thick worktop.
• If no oven is to be installed below the hob, a
panel must be fitted under the hob to prevent
hob damage and protect the cupboard contents.
This panel must cover the whole of the
underside of the hob and must be positioned so
that an air gap of at least 50mm between the
panel and hob underside is maintained, as a
minimum, and as a maximum 150mm to the
underneath of the work surface.
• This hob is designed to operate perfectly with
any oven in the KitchenAid range. The
Manufacturer declines all responsibility
should another make of oven be installed.
Before installation, please ensure that:
• The gas supply (type and pressure) and the
calibration on the hob are compatible (see serial
number plate on the hob and the injector table).
• The cabinetry and appliances surrounding/next
to the hob are heat resistant and in compliance
with local regulations.
Connection to the mains gas system must be carried out by a
competant, registered person, in compliance with current
• The connection of the hob to the gas mains network or gas
cylinder must be done using a rigid copper or steel pipe with parts
that comply with local standards, or using a flexible stainless steel
pipe with continuous surfaces that comply with local standards.
The flexible metallic pipe should be no longer than 2 linear
• Before connecting the pipe with the rubber part (A), insert the
seal (B) is in place (this part, provided complies with EN549).
Warning: if you use a stainless steel flexible pipe, it must be installed
in such a way that it does not come into contact with moving
cabinetry like drawers or kitchen cupboards and passes at a point
free of obstacles where it can be examined in its entirety.
• After connecting to the gas mains, use soap and water to check
there are no leaks.
• The products of combustion are removed from
the atmosphere in the room by using an
extraction hood or electrical fan installed to the
walls and or windows, in line with current
• The air circulates naturally through a suitable
opening that is no less than 100cm
section, which must be:
- permanent and accessible on the walls of the
room being ventilated and extracting towards
- created in such a way that the openings both
inside and out cannot be obstructed, even by
- Protected by plastic grill, and metallic netting
etc. that should not reduce the 100cm
- Located in such a position so as not to
interfere with the extraction of the products