THIS OPERATION MUST BE PERFROMED BY
QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN OR AUTHORISED
Technical information for the installer
• This appliance can be built into a 30mm to
70mm thick worktop.
• If no oven is to be installed below the hob, a
panel must be fitted under the hob to
prevent hob damage and protect the
cupboard contents. This panel must cover
the whole of the underside of the hob and
must be positioned so that an air gap of at
least 15mm between the panel and hob
underside is maintained, as a minimum, and
as a maximum 150mm to the underneath of
the work surface.
• This hob is designed to operate perfectly
with any oven in the KitchenAid range. The
Manufacturer declines all responsibility
should any other make of oven be installed.
The manufacturer declines all responsibility
should another make of oven be installed.
Before installation, please ensure that:
• Warning: this is a heavy product which
requires the installation to be carried out
by two people.
• The gas supply (type and pressure) and the
calibration on the hob are compatible (see
serial number plate on the hob and the table
on page 7).
NOTE: as per AS/NZS 5601.1 gas appliance
shall be installed in such a way that surface
temperature of any nearby surface will not
exceed 65 Deg. C above ambient.
PLEASE NOTE GAS REGULATRO PACKED WITH
THIS APPLIACNE IS ONLY SUITABLE FOR
CONNECTION TO NATURAL GAS.
www.kitchenaid.com.au | www.kitchenaid.co.nz
• The cabinetry and appliances surrounding/next to
the hob are heat resistant and in compliance with
• The products of combustion are removed from the
atmosphere in the room by using an extraction
hood or electrical fan installed to the walls and or
windows, in line with current regulations.
• The air circulates naturally through a suitable
opening that is no less than 100cm2 in cross
section, which must be:
- Permanent and accessible on the walls of the
room being ventilated and extracting towards the
- created in such a way that the openings both
inside and out cannot be obstructed, even in error.
- Protected by plastic grill, metallic netting etc. that
should not reduce the 100cm2 cross section
- Located in such a position so as not to interfere
with the extraction of the products of combustion.
-Connection from one type of gas to another should
be only performed by qualified technician or
approved gas fitter.
This appliance shall be installed in accordance with
installation requirements of AS/NZS 5601 current
IMPORTANT: if flexible hose is used, it must be
installed in such a way that does not come into
the contact with the drawers or any other mobile
kitchen parts. The hose must be installed in such
a way that is easy to visually inspect without
Hose assembly used with cooking appliances shall
be certified as conforming to AS/NZS 1869 and be
class B or class D.
Page | 9