CHECK ENGINE OIL LEVEL -
Service interval: Before each use, and every 8 hours.
1. Turn the engine off, and set the ground speed con-
trois to PARK. Park on a level surface. Allow the
engine to cool.
2. Clean the area around the dip stick (C, Figure 25).
3. Remove the dip stick (C) and clean it with a paper
4. Insert the dip stick back into the engine, and push
firmly into place.
5. Remove the dip stick and read the oil level. The oil
level should be between the "F" and "i_' marks (D). if
not, add oil according to the oil recommendations
chart (Figure 24).
ENGINE OIL & FILTER -
1.6 Quarts (1 .SL) with oil filter change.
Note: Change engine oil while the engine is warm. Run
the engine for a few minutes, then shut the engine off
and allow it to cool.
1. Clean the area around the dip stick (C, Figure 25)
and oil drain (A).
2. Remove the oil drain plug (A) and dip stick (C). Allow
ample time for complete drainage.
3. Remove the oil filter (B). Discard the filter.
4. Turn the new filter upside down and fill with fresh
engine oil. Allow the oil to seep into the new filter for
5. Using a drop of oil on your finger tip, wet the rubber
gasket on the bottom of the new filter.
6. Dump the oil out of the filter and install the filter on
the filter base. Turn the filter clockwise until the rub-
ber gasket meets the filter base. Then turn 2/3 to 1
full turn more.
7. Reinstall the oil drain plug (A) and route the oil drain
hose along side the engine.
8. Fill the crankcase with oil. See CHECK ENGINE OIL
9. Test run the engine to check for leaks. Stop the
engine for 1 minute, then recheck the oil level.
Use 0il classified API Service ClassSG,
SH, SJ or better with SAE Viscosity:
I _Recomrnended:S_*ntheticoils provide better starting below-10"R
Figure 24, Recommended
Engine Oil - KoMer Models
Figure 25. Oil Change = Kohler Models
A. Oil Drain Tube
B. Oil Filter
C. Dip Stick
D. Checking Oil Level