AIR FILTER -
Service Interval: Every 25 hours or two months, or as
1. Loosen the air filter cover knobs (A, Figure 2G) and
remove the cover (B). Clean out any debris from
around the air filter. Inspect the condition of the seal-
ing surfaces of the air filter element (C) and filter
base (D). Replace any damaged parts.
2. Remove the air filter element (C).
3. Install the new air filter element with the pleated side
out and seat it onto the edges of the air cleaner base
4. Reinstall the air filter cover (B) and secure with the
two knobs (A).
Figure 26. Air Filter Assembly - Kohler Models
A. Air Filter Cover Knobs
C. Air Filter
SERVICE SPARK PLUG -
Service interval: Inspect and re-gap every 200 hours or
two years. Replace every 500 hours or as required.
Spark Plug: 71/501/12 132 02-S
Spark Plug Gap: .030" (.76mm)
1. Stop the engine and allow it to cool.
2. Clean the area around the spark plug.
3. Remove the spark plug and inspect it. If at all dam-
aged or worn, replace it.
4. Check the spark plug gap. The gap (new or used
plug) should be .030" (see Figure 27).
Figure 27. Spark Plug Gapping