AiR FILTER & PRE-CLEANER
SERVICE - BRIGGS & STRATTON
Pre-Cleaner: Every 25 hours or as
required. Air Filter: Every 50 hours or as required.
Pre_Cleaner: As required.
Filter: Every 200 hours or once per season.
1. Lift up on the bottom of the latch (A, Figure 30) and
flip the latch away from the cover.
2. Remove the cover (B). Remove the filter (C) and pre-
3. Install the pre-cleaner (D) with the mesh side up.
Install the filter (C) as shown.
4. Install the cover (B) making sure the tabs are inserted
into their slots. Secure with the latch (A).
NOTE: Replace a worn or damaged pre-cteaner.
1. Figure 31. Wash the pre-cleaner in liquid detergent
2. Squeeze the pre-cleaner dry and saturate with
engine oil. Remove all excess oil by squeezing the
pre-cleaner in an absorbent cloth.
NOTE: Replace a worn or damaged air filter.
1. Figure 31. If stamped "Washable," the filter can be
washed with warm water and mild soap.
2. Rinse with tap water with the screen side UP allowing
dirt and debris to filter out.
3. Allow the filter to dry overnight before reinstalling.
Figure 30, Air Filter Assembly -
Briggs & Stratton
A, Air Filter Latch
B, Air Filter Cover
C. Air Filter
Figure 31, Air Filter Service