NOTE: in this manual,
are always defined from
of the operator
To avoid serious injury, engage parking brake,
PTO, stop engine, remove key and
spark plug(s) before attempting
install, remove or work on the mower.
1. install front counterweight (B, Figure 1) with pin (A)
through mower hitch bracket. Bottom tabs of weight
should contact bottom of mower hitch so weight is
held in position.
2. Secure hitch pin with safety clip.
1. Never operate mower on slopes greater than 10 °.
2. Front counter weight is required when ever using rear
mounted grass collection system.
3. Always remove counterweight before removing
Figure 2. Remove Carriage
A. Bracket and Mower Deck Housing
Bolt, 5/16-18 × 5/8
Figure 1. Install Mounting
B. Front Counter Weight
C. Safety Clip
D. Mower Hitch
1. Remove and discard carriage bolt (C, Figure 2) and
Iocknut (B) from bracket and mower deck housing (A).
2. Secure the 5/16-18 x 3/4 carriage bolts (Figure 3) onto
bracket and mower deck housing (C) using 5/16 push
Figure 3. Install Carriage
Bolts, 5/16-18 × 3/4
B. Push Nuts, 5/16
C. Bracket and Mower Deck Housing