MAKING RIP CUTS cont.
Using The Edge Guide
Your saw comes with an edge guide that alfows you
to make parallel cuts in a sheet of wood
To Attach the Edge Guide
1. Unplug the saw,
Failure to unplug the saw could result in accidental starting
I causing possible serious personal injury.
2. Place edge guide through holes in base of saw (See Fig120.)
3. Adjust edge guide to the desired length of cut
4. Tighten the edge guide retaining screw_
Using the Edge Guide
1, Place the face of the guide firmly against the edge of
the workpiece, Doing this will give you a true cut without
pinching the blade.
2. BE SURE that guiding edge of the workpiece is straight
so you can get a straight cut
3. Carefully guide the saw along the guide for a
straight rip cut
4. DO NOT bind the blade in the cut.