To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to the
product, damage to data, or damage to other property,
follow the notices below.
• Do not use the instrument in the vicinity of a TV, radio,
stereo equipment, mobile phone, or other electric
devices. Otherwise, the instrument, TV, or radio may
generate noise. When you use the instrument along
with the application on your iPhone/iPad, we
recommend that you set "Airplane Mode" to "ON" on
your iPhone/iPad in order to avoid noise caused by
• Do not expose the instrument to excessive dust or
vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct
sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during the day) to
prevent the possibility of panel disfiguration, damage to
the internal components or unstable operation.
(Verified operating temperature range: 5° – 40°C, or 41°
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the
instrument, since this might discolor the panel or
• Bumping the surface of the instrument with metal,
porcelain, or other hard objects can cause the finish to
crack or peel. Use caution.
Instrument / Bench Maintenance
To keep your digital piano in optimum condition, we
recommend that you periodically follow the maintenance
• When cleaning the instrument or bench, use a soft, dry
or slightly damp cloth. Do not use paint thinners,
solvents, cleaning fluids, or chemical-impregnated
wiping cloths. Otherwise, it may become discolored or
• Gently remove dust and dirt with a soft cloth. Do not
wipe too hard since small particles of dirt can scratch
the instrument's finish. To keep the surface polished,
apply commercially available piano polisher to a soft
cloth and wipe the instrument's surface with it. Then,
polish it with a separate cloth. Before using any piano
polisher, make sure to read the instructions for proper
• During extreme changes in temperature or humidity,
condensation may occur and water may collect on the
surface of the instrument. If water is left, the wooden
parts may absorb the water and be damaged. Make sure
to wipe any water off immediately with a soft cloth.
• As with an acoustic piano, pedals may become
tarnished across the ages. When this occurs, polish the
pedal with a compound designed for piano pedals.
Before using the compound, make sure to read the
instructions for proper usage.
F02 Owner's Manual
• Saved data may be lost due to malfunction or incorrect
operation. Save important data to a USB flash memory
• To further protect against data loss through the USB
flash memory damage, we recommend that you save
your important data onto two USB flash memories.
• Copying of the commercially available musical data
including but not limited to MIDI data and/or audio
data is strictly prohibited except for your personal use.
• This product incorporates and bundles computer
programs and contents in which Yamaha owns
copyrights or with respect to which it has license to use
others' copyrights. Such copyrighted materials include,
without limitation, all computer software, style files,
MIDI files, WAVE data, musical scores and sound
recordings. Any unauthorized use of such programs
and contents outside of personal use is not permitted
under relevant laws. Any violation of copyright has
legal consequences. DON'T MAKE, DISTRIBUTE OR
USE ILLEGAL COPIES.
About functions/data bundled with the
• Some of the preset songs have been edited for length or
arrangement, and may not be exactly the same as the
About this manual
• The illustrations and displays as shown in this manual
are for instructional purposes only, and may appear
somewhat different from those on your instrument.
• The company names and product names in this manual
are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their
• Unlike an acoustic piano, this instrument does not need
to be tuned by an expert (although the pitch can be
user-adjusted to match other instruments). This is
because the pitch of digital instruments is always
• If you move to another location, you can transport the
instrument along with other belongings. You can move
the unit as it is (assembled) or you can disassemble the
unit down to the condition it was in when you first took
it out of the box. Transport the keyboard horizontally.
Do not lean it up against a wall or stand it up on its side.
Do not subject the instrument to excessive vibration or
shock. When transporting the assembled instrument,
make sure all screws are properly tightened and have
not been loosened by moving the instrument.