Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injury to you or others, or
damage to the instrument or other property. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/Power cord
• Do not connect the instrument to an electrical outlet using a
multiple-connector. Doing so can result in lower sound quality,
or possibly cause overheating in the outlet.
• When removing the electric plug from the instrument or an
outlet, always hold the plug itself and not the cord. Pulling by
the cord can damage it.
• Remove the electric plug from the outlet when the instrument is
not to be used for extended periods of time, or during electrical
• Read carefully the attached documentation explaining the
assembly process. Failure to assemble the instrument in the
proper sequence might result in damage to the instrument or
• Do not place the instrument in an unstable position where it
might accidentally fall over.
• When transporting or moving the instrument, always use two or
more people. Attempting to lift the instrument by yourself may
damage your back, result in other injury, or cause damage to the
• Before moving the instrument, remove all connected cables, to
prevent damage to the cables or injury to anyone who might trip
• When setting up the product, make sure that the AC outlet you
are using is easily accessible. If some trouble or malfunction
occurs, immediately turn off the power switch and disconnect
the plug from the outlet. Even when the power switch is turned
off, electricity is still flowing to the product at the minimum
level. When you are not using the product for a long time, make
sure to unplug the power cord from the wall AC outlet.
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the instrument, or data that is lost or
Always turn the power off when the instrument is not in use.
• Before connecting the instrument to other electronic
components, turn off the power for all components. Before
turning the power on or off for all components, set all volume
levels to minimum.
• Be sure to set the volumes of all components at their minimum
levels and gradually raise the volume controls while playing the
instrument to set the desired listening level.
• Do not insert a finger or hand in any gaps on the key cover or
instrument. Also take care that the key cover does not pinch
• Never insert or drop paper, metallic, or other objects into the
gaps on the key cover, panel or keyboard. This could cause
physical injury to you or others, damage to the instrument or
other property, or operational failure.
• Do not rest your weight on, or place heavy objects on the
instrument, and do not use excessive force on the buttons,
switches or connectors.
• Do not use the instrument/device or headphones for a long
period of time at a high or uncomfortable volume level, since
this can cause permanent hearing loss. If you experience any
hearing loss or ringing in the ears, consult a physician.
Using the bench (If included)
• Do not place the bench in an unstable position where it might
accidentally fall over.
• Do not play carelessly with or stand on the bench. Using it as a
tool or stepladder or for any other purpose might result in
accident or injury.
• Only one person should sit on the bench at a time, in order to
prevent the possibility of accident or injury.
• If the bench screws become loose due to extensive long-term
use, tighten them periodically using the included tool.
• Keep special watch over any small children so that they don't
fall off the rear of the bench. Since the bench does not have a
backrest, unsupervised use may result in accident or injury.
F02 Owner's Manual