(only in the operating mode "Freezing")
• Before foods are frozen, the actual temperature in the freezer
compartment must be -18 °C or colder.
• Please observe indicated freezing capacity on the rating plate. The
freezing capacity represents the maximum amount of fresh goods
that can be frozen within 24 hours. If you freeze goods on several
days, one after the other, freeze amounts equal to 2/3 to 3/4 of the
capacity indicated on the rating plate.
• Thawed foods which have not been processed further (cooked into
meals) may not under any circumstances be frozen a second time.
1. For exploitation of maximum freezing capacity press the FROSTMATIC
button 24 hours prior to freezing, or 4 to 6 hours for smaller quantities.
Yellow display lights up.
The FROSTMATIC button need not be pressed for freezing of small
quantities of up to 3 kg.
When larger quantities of food are frozen the temperature warning
may be activated even when the FROSTMATIC function has been
2. All foods must be packed air tight prior to freezing, so that they do not
dry out or lose their flavour, and so that no flavour contamination of
other frozen goods occurs.
Caution! Do not touch frozen goods with wet hands. Hands can freeze
to the goods.
3. Place packaged foods in the compartments or drawers. Unfrozen goods
may not come into contact with already frozen goods, otherwise the
frozen goods may start to thaw.
The appliance electronics recognise automatically when the
FROSTMATIC function can be ended, and switch it off automatically.
Yellow display goes out. You can also stop the FROSTMATIC function
manually by pressing the FROSTMATIC button again.
• To allow storage of awkward freezing foodstuff, the drawers of the
appliance are individually removable. They can be stacked in the one
• The following are suitable for packing foodstuffs to be frozen:
– freezing bags and foils made of polyethylene;
– special tins for frozen food;