About this Owner's Manual
Thank you for purchasing the Yamaha Digital Piano! We recommend that you read this manual carefully so that you can
take full advantage of the advanced and convenient functions of your new digital piano.
We also recommend that you keep this manual in a safe, convenient place for future reference.
The following instructional materials come with your digital piano
Owner's Manual (this book)
Quick Operation Guide (separate sheet)
This Guide explains detailed operation of the functions assigned to the buttons and keyboard.
Online Materials (Downloadable from the web)
The following instructional materials are available for downloading from the Yamaha Manual Library. Access the
Yamaha Manual Library, then enter your model name (YDP-161, for example) in the Model Name area to search the
Yamaha Manual Library http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/
The Data List contains MIDI related information, such as the MIDI Data Format and MIDI Implementation chart.
MIDI Basics (only in English, French, German and Spanish)
If you want to know more about MIDI and how to use it, refer to this introductory book.
To avoid the possibility of damage to the product, data or other property, follow the notices below.
■ Handling and Maintenance
• Do not use the instrument in the vicinity of a TV, radio, stereo equipment, mobile phone, or other electric devices.
Otherwise, the instrument, TV, or radio may generate noise.
• Do not expose the instrument to excessive dust or vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near a
heater, or in a car during the day) to prevent the possibility of panel disfiguration or damage to the internal components.
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the instrument, since this might discolor the panel or keyboard.
• When cleaning the instrument, use a soft, dry or slightly damp cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents, cleaning fluids,
or chemical-impregnated wiping cloths.
• During extreme changes in temperature or humidity, condensation may occur and water may collect on the surface of the
instrument. If water is left, the wooden parts may absorb the water and be damaged. Make sure to wipe any water off
immediately with a soft cloth.
■ Saving data
Saved data may be lost due to malfunction or incorrect operation. Save important data to external device such as a
■ About copyrights
• Copying of the commercially available musical data including but not limited to MIDI data and/or audio data is strictly
prohibited except for your personal use.
• This product incorporates and bundles computer programs and contents in which Yamaha owns copyrights or with
respect to which it has license to use others' copyrights. Such copyrighted materials include, without limitation, all
computer software, style files, MIDI files, WAVE data, musical scores and sound recordings. Any unauthorized use of
such programs and contents outside of personal use is not permitted under relevant laws. Any violation of copyright has
legal consequences. DON'T MAKE, DISTRIBUTE OR USE ILLEGAL COPIES.
■ About functions/data bundled with the instrument
• Some of the preset songs have been edited for length or arrangement, and may not be exactly the same as the original.
■ About this manual
• The illustrations as shown in this manual are for instructional purposes only, and may appear somewhat different from
those on your instrument.
• Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft(R) Corporation in the United States and other countries.
• The company names and product names in this manual are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
YDP-161/141 Owner's Manual