Requirements for song data that can be loaded from a computer to this instrument
• Number of songs: Up to 10 songs plus one user song
• Maximum data size: 845KB plus 100KB (user)
• Data format: SMF Format 0 & 1
• Backup data:10YDP.BUP (loaded from instrument)
You can play the loaded songs (page 15) and loaded user song (page 25).
• Do not turn off the power to this instrument or unplug the instrument during data
transmission. Otherwise, the data being transmitted will not be saved. Furthermore,
flash memory operation may become unstable, causing the entire memory to be
erased when you turn the power to the instrument on or off.
Data you can transfer from this instrument to a computer
• User song : USERSONG1.MID
• Back up data : 10YDP.BUP
• Song data (once it has been loaded from the computer)
Backing up Data and Initializing the Settings
Backing up data to flash memory
The following items will be stored in flash memory on this instrument. This data will be kept
after you turn off the power to the instrument.
Metronome time signature
Recorded performance data (user song)
Song data once loaded from a computer
Initializing the settings
When you initialize the settings, all data, excluding the songs loaded from a computer, will
be initialized and reset to the factory default settings.
While holding down the C7 (the highest) key, turn on the power to the instrument. The data
(excluding the data for the songs loaded from a computer) will be initialized.
• Do not turn off the power to this instrument while it is initializing the data in its internal
memory (that is, while the [REC] and [PLAY] button indicators are flashing).
• Please note that initializing the settings will erase your recorded song (user song).
The highest key
Connecting MIDI Instruments
While Musicsoft Downloader is
operating, the [REC] and
[PLAY] button indicators on
the piano light up.
Before you use this
instrument, close the
Musicsoft Downloader window
and quit the application.
Do not manually change the
file name by using a
computer; doing so will render
the file unloadable as the user
Backup data for metronome
volume and time signature,
touch sensitivity, and tuning is
included in the file named
"10YDP.BUP" and stored in
this instrument. You can
transfer the backup data
between the instrument and a
If this instrument somehow
becomes disabled or
malfunctions, turn off the
power to the instrument, then
perform the initialization
YDP-161/141 Owner's Manual