Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injury to you or others, or damage
to the instrument or other property. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/Power cord/AC power adaptor
• Do not connect the instrument to an electrical outlet using a multiple-
connector. Doing so can result in lower sound quality, or possibly cause
overheating in the outlet.
• When removing the electric plug from the instrument or an outlet, always
hold the plug itself and not the cord. Pulling by the cord can damage it.
• Remove the electric plug from the outlet when the instrument is not to be
used for extended periods of time, or during electrical storms.
• Read carefully the attached documentation explaining the assembly
process. Failure to assemble the instrument in the proper sequence might
result in damage to the instrument or even injury.
• Do not place the instrument in an unstable position where it might
accidentally fall over.
• Before moving the instrument, remove all connected cables.
• When setting up the product, make sure that the AC outlet you are using
is easily accessible. If some trouble or malfunction occurs, immediately
turn off the power switch and disconnect the plug from the outlet. Even
when the power switch is turned off, electricity is still flowing to the
product at the minimum level. When you are not using the product for a
long time, make sure to unplug the power cord from the wall AC outlet.
• Before connecting the instrument to other electronic components, turn off
the power for all components. Before turning the power on or off for all
components, set all volume levels to minimum.
• Be sure to set the volumes of all components at their minimum levels and
gradually raise the volume controls while playing the instrument to set
the desired listening level.
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the instrument, or data that is lost or destroyed.
Always turn the power off when the instrument is not in use.
Even when the power switch is in the "Standby" position, electricity is still flowing to the instrument at the minimum level. When you are not using the
instrument for a long time, make sure you unplug the power cord from the wall AC outlet.
The serial number of this product may be found on the
bottom of the unit. You should note this serial number in
the space provided below and retain this manual as a
permanent record of your purchase to aid identification
in the event of theft.
• Do not insert a finger or hand in any gaps on the key cover or instrument.
Also take care that the key cover does not pinch your finger.
• Never insert or drop paper, metallic, or other objects into the gaps on the
key cover, panel or keyboard.
• Do not rest your weight on, or place heavy objects on the instrument, and
do not use excessive force on the buttons, switches or connectors.
• Do not use the instrument/device or headphones for a long period of time
at a high or uncomfortable volume level, since this can cause permanent
hearing loss. If you experience any hearing loss or ringing in the ears,
consult a physician.
Using the bench (If included)
• Do not place the bench in an unstable position where it might
accidentally fall over.
• Do not play carelessly with or stand on the bench. Using it as a tool or
stepladder or for any other purpose might result in accident or injury.
• Only one person should sit on the bench at a time, in order to prevent the
possibility of accident or injury.
• If the bench screws become loose due to extensive long-term use, tighten
them periodically using the included tool.
YDP-161/141 Owner's Manual