PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from electrical
shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following
Power supply/Power cord/AC power adaptor
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as heaters or
radiators, and do not excessively bend or otherwise damage the cord,
place heavy objects on it, or place it in a position where anyone could
walk on, trip over, or roll anything over it.
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the instrument. The required
voltage is printed on the name plate of the instrument.
• (YDP-141)Use the specified adaptor (page 38) only. Using the wrong
adaptor can result in damage to the instrument or overheating.
• (YDP-161)Use only the supplied power cord/plug.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any dirt or dust which
may have accumulated on it.
Do not open
• This instrument contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open the
instrument or attempt to disassemble or modify the internal components
in any way. If it should appear to be malfunctioning, discontinue use
immediately and have it inspected by qualified Yamaha service
YDP-161/141 Owner's Manual
* Please keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
• Do not expose the instrument to rain, use it near water or in damp or wet
conditions, or place containers on it containing liquids which might spill
into any openings. If any liquid such as water seeps into the instrument,
turn off the power immediately and unplug the power cord from the AC
outlet. Then have the instrument inspected by qualified Yamaha service
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit.
A burning item may fall over and cause a fire.
If you notice any abnormality
• When one of the following problems occur, immediately turn off the
power switch and disconnect the electric plug from the outlet. Then have
the device inspected by Yamaha service personnel.
• The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.
• It emits unusual smells or smoke.
• Some object has been dropped into the instrument.
• There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the instrument.