Remote Control (optional)
Enjoy all your favorite digital entertainment in one place with the easy-to-use Media Center (see page 19) and
Installing the Remote Control and optional receiver
Before starting Windows Media Center (see page 19), prepare
the remote control.
1. If your computer does not feature an internal infrared
receiver, a USB receiver is required. If supplied, connect
the USB receiver to a USB port on the computer.
2. Insert the batteries into the remote control; check the
batteries are orientated correctly.
Remote Control Functions
1. Playback and record controls (Record, Play, Stop, Rewind,
Fast forward, Skip back, Pause, Skip forward).
2. Power ON/OFF or Quick Resume
4. More information
5. Direction keys (up, down, left, right) and OK
6. Start (Windows key)
7. Volume controls (Volume up/down)
9. Open Record TV
10. Open Guide
11. Program/Channel up/down
12. DVD Menu
13. Open Live TV
14. Number keys, Clear and Enter
15. Teletext selection (red, green, yellow, blue)*
16. Teletext (switch to Teletext while in TV mode)*
* optional - not available in all regions
Your Computer's Drives
The drives described below are commonly used on Gateway computers. However, this does not mean that they are
present on the computer you have purchased, nor that it is limited to these drives. To view documentation specific
to the model you have purchased, please check Gateway InfoCentre.
Memory Card Reader
Memory cards are used in a wide selection of digital cameras, PDAs, MP3 players and
mobile phones. Selected computers include an "all-in-one" memory card reader that
allows you to read and write the most common types, such as MMC (Multi Media
Card™), SD/SDHC Card, xD-Picture Card™ or MS (Memory Stick®).
Computer Basics - 9