1. Click on Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click on Next.
2. Select from the calendar the date when the restore point was created and click on Next. All the restore points
that were created on the selected date are listed by name in the list box to the right of the calendar.
3. In the confirmation screen, click on Next to restore the computer to the selected date and time.
Create a Restore Point
Windows creates restore points automatically at regularly scheduled times or before certain programs or drivers
are installed. This option allows you to create your own restore points when you need to.
1. Click on Create a restore point, and then click on Next.
2. Enter a description to identify this restore point. System Restore automatically adds the date and time to this
3. To finish, click on Create.
Undo the last restoration
If the system fails after restoring the computer to a certain date, you can use this option to undo the restoration.
Alternately, you can use Last Known Good Configuration to restore the system to your most recent settings that
1. Restart the computer, press F8 to access advanced startup options.
2. Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter.
As new viruses, worms, and other threats are discovered everyday, keeping your security applications and
operating system up-to-date is crucial. Norton Internet Security, combined with other security applications can
protect your computer from Internet attacks and ensure that the latest security updates have been downloaded
and installed on your system. To keep your computer safe with all the latest programs, please perform the
Update your antivirus
Update your anti-spyware and anti-malware tools
Perform updates when prompted by Windows Action Center
Use Microsoft Windows Automatic Updates
Run Windows Defender
Run Windows Update
Windows Update can help you keep your computer up-to-date
via Internet downloads. It allows you to choose updates for
your computer's operating system, software programs, and
hardware. New content is added to Windows Update regularly,
so you can always get the most recent updates and solutions to
protect your computer and keep it running smoothly.
> Control Panel > System and Security >
You are probably eager to explore everything the Internet has to offer. In order for you to be safe online, Gateway
has pre-installed Symantec's award-winning Norton Internet Security on your computer.
The new Norton Internet Security™ runs quietly in the background to block today's complex threats and protect
your identity when you shop, bank, or browse online.
Norton Internet Security blocks online identity theft, detects and eliminates spyware, removes viruses and Internet
worms, protects against hackers.
Helpdesk - 29