Cleaning and care
use petrol, solvents
or abrasive cleaners,
metal objects or hard
brushes to clean the
1. Turn the appliance off and dis-
connect it from the wall socket.
2. Let the appliance cool down
3. Use a damp soft cloth and a little
mild cleanser to clean the exteri-
or of the appliance.
4. The filter (1) can be removed for
cleaning purposes. To do this:
5. Press the release downwards
and take out the filter (1).
6. Depending on the level of lime
build-up, clean the filter (1) with
water and a little lemon juice or
white vinegar. Use a soft brush.
7. Insert the filter (1) again from
above until it clicks into place.
14 / 26 EN
put the appliance,
base (7) or power
cord (8) in water or
any other liquid.
4.2 Descaling the
Descaling extends the life of
your kettle. The descaling period
depends on the water hardness in
1. Fill the kettle upto the max. level
with water and boil.
2. After the kettle has switched
off, unplug the appliance.
3. Then add 2 cups of cider vinegar
or 1 tablespoon of citric acid to
the boiled water.
4. Leave the solution in the kettle
for a few hours.
5. Pour out the solution and rinse
the inside thoroughly.
6. Fill the kettle with clean water
and boil the water.
7. Empty the kettle and rinse it
with water again.
Kettle / User Manual