It is recommended that the vent system be installed before
hood is installed.
Before making cutouts, make sure there is proper clearance
within the ceiling or wall for exhaust vent.
Hood liner is to be installed 24" (61.0 cm) minimum for
electric cooking surfaces, 30" (76.2 cm) minimum for gas
cooking surfaces, to a suggested maximum of 36" (91.4 cm)
above the cooking surface.
Check that all installation parts have been removed from the
1. Disconnect power.
2. Determine which venting method to use: roof or wall exhaust.
3. Select a flat surface for assembling the range hood. Place
covering over that surface.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
4. Using 2 or more people, lift hood liner onto covered surface.
5. Remove the filters. See the "Range Hood Care" section.
Hood Liner Support Preparation
1. Mark the locations for the four
the hood support as shown.
C. 6" (15.2 cm)
D. 10 " (25.7 cm)
2. Using a
" (3 mm) drill bit, drill the 4 holes.
" (3 mm) diameter holes on
" (38.0 cm)
" (75.8 cm)
G. " (3 mm) hole
3. Mark the cutout for the rectangular clearance hole for the
upper hood liner housing as shown.
C. 4 " (11.4 cm)
4. Using a jigsaw or keyhole saw, cut out the rectangular
clearance hole for the upper hood liner housing.
1. Determine and make all necessary cuts in the wall or roof for
the vent system. Install the vent system before installing the
range hood. See the "Venting Requirements" section.
2. Determine the location where the power supply cable will be
run through the wall.
3. Drill a 1 " (3.2 cm) hole at this location.
4. Pull enough power supply cable through the wall to allow for
easy connection to the terminal box.
5. Install the 10" (25.4 cm) square x 10" (25.4 cm) round vent
transition with damper to top of the range hood liner using
four 4.2 x 8 mm screws.
6. Remove terminal box cover and set aside.
7. Remove knockout from the top of the vent hood and install a
UL listed or CSA approved
8. Place the range hood near its mounting position and run the
power supply cable through the strain relief into terminal box
(enough to make connection).
9. Tighten the strain relief screws.
NOTE: Your range hood requires you to purchase either an
internal type or an in-line (external type) blower motor system.
For internal blower systems, there are blower motor mounting
parts in the blower motor installation packet that must be added
to the range hood prior to mounting the range hood to the wall.
See the "Install Range Hood Internal Blower Motor" section and
the instructions supplied with the blower motor.
D. 13" (33.0 cm)
E. 14" (35.5 cm)
F. 28" (71.1 cm)
G. Hood support
" (1.3 cm) strain relief.