2.2 General safety instructions........4 2.3 Symbols on the product......... 4 2.4 Special safety instructions........5 3 Servicing data 3.1 Servicing data (535iFR)......... 6 3.2 Servicing data (535iRXT/iRX)........ 8 4 Servicing tools 4.1 Servicing tools............10 4.2 Diagnostic tools............10 5 Repair instructions 5.1 To clean and examine the product parts....12 5.2 Electrical system..........
2 Safety 2.1 Safety definitions Risk of blade thrust if the cutting equipment touches an object that it does Warnings, cautions and notes are used to point out not immediately cut. The product can cut specially important parts of the manual. off body parts.
2.4 Special safety instructions 2.4.1 To remove the battery WARNING: Always remove the battery before you do repairs or do servicing on the product. WARNING: Do not put the battery back until the product is assembled. 1. Press in the catches and remove the battery. 2.4.2 Cutting equipment safety WARNING: Always remove the cutting equipment before you do repairs or do servicing...
4.2.2 To connect the common service tool (CST) CAUTION: If you install firmware to a new spare 4.2.1 Common service tool part, make sure that you know the Husqvarna The common service tool (CST) is used with a computer (not included) for Husqvarna products.
identification number (HID). The identification number is found on the spare part. 1. Remove the battery from the product. 2. Connect the adapter cable (A) to the battery (B) and to the battery slot connector (C) on the product. 3. Start the product. 4.
5 Repair instructions 5.1 To clean and examine the product parts • Replace damaged or defective parts. • Clean and examine all parts fully. You find more • Always use original spare parts. instructions in the chapter for each part if special tools or procedures are necessary.
5.2.2 Control unit 4. Remove the 5 screws from the control unit. 184.108.40.206 To remove the control unit 1. Remove the wear guard below the battery housing. To remove the wear guard from the battery Refer to housing on page 22 . 2.
220.127.116.11 To install the control unit 4. Attach the control unit with the 5 screws. 1. Make a note of the Husqvarna identification number (HID) of the new control unit before you install it. The identification number is found on the new control unit.
6. Connect the cable (D) and the strain relief (E). 5. Remove the 8 screws and the cover. 6. Remove the 2 screws and the shaft. 7. Install the wear guard. Refer to To remove the wear guard from the battery housing on page 22 . 8.
To remove the wear guard from the battery Refer to housing on page 22 . 18.104.22.168 To remove the motor (535iRXT/iRX) 4. Put the shaft into the right wear protection and the 1. Remove the wear guard below the battery housing.
4. Remove the harness loop. 7. Remove the shaft and the rubber bushings. 8. Remove the 3 screws and the motor. 5. Remove the 6 screws and the wear protection. 6. Remove the 2 screws. 835 - 004 - 25.10.2019 Repair instructions - 17...
22.214.171.124 To install the motor (535iRXT/iRX) 4. Put the cable in the groove of the suspension and the motor housing. 1. Attach the motor with the 3 screws. 5. Put the wear protection into the hole and tilt it in the direction of the shaft.
To assemble 8. Assemble the battery housing. Refer to 126.96.36.199 To assemble the power trigger and power trigger the battery housing on page 23 . lockout 1. Put the power trigger in the handle. To install the control 9. Install the control unit. Refer to unit on page 14 .
3. Remove the strain relief (A) and carefully remove 188.8.131.52 To install the control cable the control cable from the clamps (B). 1. Connect the connector to the user interface. 4. Lift out the user interface. a) If the product has a second control button, connect the connector for that button.
184.108.40.206 To install the button for remote extension of the Note: All models do not have a button for remote trimmer line extension of the trimmer line. Note: All models do not have a button for remote extension of the trimmer line. 1.
5.3 Wear guard for the battery housing 4. Remove the cable holder. 5.3.1 To remove the wear guard from the battery housing 1. Remove the 4 screws and the wear guard. 5. Remove the 2 screws and remove the battery 2.
6. Remove the 2 screws. 5.4.2 To assemble the battery housing 1. Attach the airflow cover. 2. Attach the right half of the battery housing. 7. Remove the right half of the battery housing. 8. Remove the airflow cover. 835 - 004 - 25.10.2019 Repair instructions - 23...
3. Attach the 2 screws. 5. Attach the cable holder. 4. Attach the battery connector and the 2 screws. 6. Attach the left half of the battery housing with the 4 screws. 7. Put the cable in the groove in the battery housing. To install the control 8.
5.5 Shaft 6. Remove the 2 screws that hold the shaft. 5.5.1 To replace the shaft To remove the 1. Remove the wear guard. Refer to wear guard from the battery housing on page 22 . To remove the 2. Remove the control unit. Refer to control unit on page 13 .
5.5.2 To remove and install the vibration damping 3. Put a hex key through the holes in the springs and remove the 2 springs (B). unit (535iRXT/iRX) 1. Remove the 2 screws that hold the vibration 4. Install in the opposite sequence.
5.6 Bevel gear 5.6.1 Overview of the bevel gear 5.6.2 To remove and install the bevel gear 1. Bevel gear housing 2. Grease plug 1. Remove the cutting attachment. 3. Clamp screw 2. Loosen the screw (A) and remove the cutting 4.
5.6.3 To disassemble the bevel gear 5. Remove the output axle assembly from the bevel gear housing. 1. Remove the bevel gear from the shaft. Refer to remove and install the bevel gear on page 27 . 2. Remove the snap ring that hold the output axle. 6.
5. Put the snap ring in position. 5.6.5 To lubricate the bevel gear 1. Remove the grease plug (A) from the bevel gear housing (B). 6. Put the input axle assembly into the bevel gear housing. 2. Make sure that the bevel gear is filled ¾ full with Servicing tools on page bevel gear grease.
6 Troubleshooting 6.1 Overhaul Note: Refer to the manual for the common service tool for instructions and obey the instructions. Examine the components of the product. You find repair and servicing instructions for each component in the related chapters of this manual. 2.
Symptom Possible causes Recommended step A warning symbol on the con- The temperature is too high. Wait for the product to become cool. trol panel flashes continuous- The temperature of the control unit or Make sure that the product and the battery is the battery is too low.