"NG" flashes five times.
"NG" flashes twice.
• Leaning has not succeeded. After checking the follows, try learning
procedure again (page 19).
- Change the distance between remote commanders.
- See "For accurate learning" (page 25).
• The component codes cannot be set. See the supplied "Component
Code Numbers" and try setting the component codes again (page 12).
• The data have not been transferred. See "Transferring data" (page 52)
and try transferring the data again.
• The data has not been received. See "Receiving the data" (page 56) and
try receiving the data again.
• Learned signals have been programmed for the button or key to which you
want to set the learning, System Control or Channel Macro function. Clear
the learned signals (page 35, 60) and try setting again.
• Learned signals or the Channel Macro function have been programmed for
the Component Select button or the Label key to which you want to copy
the settings of another Component Select button or the Label key using the
copying function (page 47). Clear the contents (page 25, 60) and try the
copying procedure again.
• The key for which you want to programme the Channel Macro function is
not a Channel Macro key. You can programme the Channel Macro function
only for the Label keys.
• You may try to clear the learned signals in the Channel Macro setting mode
(page 60). In this mode, only Channel Macro settings can be cleared by
pressing the macro key while keeping the DEL key pressed. To clear the
learned signals, see page 46.
• Learned signals have been programmed for the Label key to which you
want to set the Channel Macro function. Clear the learned signals (page 25)
and try setting again. Or set to another Label key.
• There are some keys, for which learned signals have been programmed, on
the display for the Component Select button or the Label key when the
Commander receives the data from another Commander. Clear the learned
signals using the CLEAR key and the RETURN key on the display of the
receiving mode (page 56). Or see "Changing or erasing the function of a
taught key or button" (page 25), and clear the learned signals.
• The programme contents you want to change are set to be executed by the
timer. Set the timer setting in which that programme is included not to be
executed (page 65), and edit the programme contents.
• You may try to programme the Power-On function (page 43) for a
Component Select button or the Label key to which the component code of
a non-Sony product has been set. This function is only for Sony
• You may try to operate the preset function (page 12) after operating the
learning function (page 19). You cannot operate the preset function after
operationg the learning function. Preset after clearing the learned signals
(page 25), or preset to another Component Select button or Label key that is