• Make sure you set the tuning interval
correctly (when tuning in AM stations
with direct tuning).
• No stations have been preset or the preset
stations have been cleared (when tuning by
scanning preset stations). Preset the
stations (page 67).
• Press DISPLAY so that the frequency
appears on the display.
The system cannot receive satellite
channels at all.
• The receiving condition is not good. Move
the antenna to the place where the
condition is good.
• Check that you subscribed to the desired
satellite radio service (see page 68).
Control for HDMI
The Control for HDMI function does not
• Check the HDMI connection (page 34).
• Make sure "Control for HDMI" is set to
"ON" in HDMI settings menu.
• Make sure the connected component is
compatible with the Control for HDMI
• Check the Control for HDMI settings on
the connected component. See the
operating instructions of the connected
• If you change the HDMI connection,
connect/disconnect the AC power cord, or
there is a power failure, repeat the
procedures of "Preparing for the
"BRAVIA" Sync" (page 98).
• If you select HDMI B using the HDMI
OUTPUT button, after you have selected
HDMI A, the Control for HDMI function
may not work properly for a while. This is
because the component connected to the
HDMI A jack must re-recognize the
receiver that is equipped with the Control
for HDMI function. If the Control for
HDMI function does not work properly for
a long time, perform the steps given in
"Preparing for the "BRAVIA" Sync"
• When HDMI B is selected, the Control for
HDMI function does not work.
No sound is output from the receiver
and TV speaker while using the System
Audio Control function.
• Make sure the TV is compatible with the
System Audio Control function.
• If the TV does not have System Audio
Control function, set the "Audio Out"
settings in HDMI settings menu to
– "TV+AMP" if you want to listen to the
sound from the TV speaker and
– "AMP" if you want to listen to the
sound from the receiver.
• You cannot listen to the sound of a
component connected to the receiver while
a TV is selected as the input on the
– Change the input of the receiver to
HDMI when you want to watch a
program on a component connected to
– Change the TV channel when you want
to watch a TV broadcast.
– Select the component or input you want
to watch when you watch a program on
the component connected to the TV.
Refer to the operating instructions of the
TV on this operation.
• When using the Control for HDMI
function, you cannot control the connected
component using TV's remote.
– Depending on the connected component
and TV, you may need to set up the
component and TV. Refer to the
operation instructions supplied with
each component and TV.
– Change the input of the receiver to the
HDMI input connected to the