Inserting batteries into the
Insert two R6 (size-AA) batteries in the main
and the zone 2/zone 3 remote commanders.
Observe the correct polarity when installing
• Do not leave the remote in an extremely hot or
• Do not use a new battery with old ones.
• Do not mix manganese batteries and other kinds of
• Do not expose the remote sensor to direct sunlight
or lighting apparatuses. Doing so may cause a
• If you do not intend to use the remote for an
extended period of time, remove the batteries to
avoid possible damage from battery leakage and
• When you replace the batteries, the programmed
remote codes may be cleared. If this happens,
program the remote codes again (page 137).
When the remote no longer operates the receiver,
replace all the batteries with new ones.
7: Displaying the GUI
menu on the TV screen
You can select the functions or change the
settings of the receiver by using the GUI menu
on the TV screen. Follow the procedure below
to make the settings so that the GUI menu
appears on the TV screen.
Refer to "Operating without connecting to a TV"
(page 129) if you want to operate the receiver
without connecting to a TV.
Connect a TV monitor to this
Refer to "3: Connecting the monitor"
Turn on the receiver and the TV.
The receiver can be operated using the