1.1 General safety instructions
Danger of an accident occurring due to missing or illegible warning labels
Missing or illegible warning labels can result in accidents involving death or serious injury.
• Check that the warning labels are complete based on the documentation.
• Attach any missing warning labels to the components, in the national language if
• Replace illegible warning labels.
Device damage caused by incorrect voltage/insulation tests
Incorrect voltage/insulation tests can damage the device.
• Before carrying out a voltage/insulation check of the system/machine, disconnect the
Danger to life due to inactive safety functions
Inactive or non-adapted safety functions can trigger machine malfunctions that can cause
serious injury or death.
• Observe the information in the appropriate product documentation before
• Carry out a safety inspection for functions relevant to safety on the entire system,
• Ensure that the safety functions used in your drives and automation tasks are adjusted
• Perform a function test.
• Only put your plant into live operation once you have absolutely guaranteed that the
Important safety instructions for Safety Integrated functions
If you want to use Safety Integrated functions, you must observe the safety instructions in
the Safety Integrated manuals.
devices as all converters and motors have been subject to a high-voltage test by the
manufacturer, and therefore it is not necessary to perform an additional test within the
including all safety-related components.
and activated through appropriate parameterizing.
functions relevant to safety are operating correctly.
Cabinet design and EMC
Operating Instructions, 07/2016, A5E00427629A