• Do not put any foreign objects in the USB
cable connecting jack.
• Do not touch the optical pickup lens on the
recorder and keep it clean. If you do so, the
lens may be damaged and the recorder will
not operate properly. To prevent dust from
entering the recorder, make sure to keep the
lid closed, except when inserting or taking
On power sources
• Use house current or rechargeable battery.
• Connect the AC power adaptor or the AC
power cord to an easily accessible AC
outlet. Should you notice an abnormality
in the AC power adaptor or the AC power
cord, disconnect it from the AC outlet
• The recorder is not disconnected from the
AC power source (mains) as long as it is
connected to the wall outlet, even if the
recorder itself has been turned off.
• If you are not going to use this recorder for
a long time, be sure to disconnect the power
supply (AC power cord or rechargeable
battery). To remove the AC power cord from
the wall outlet, grasp the adaptor plug itself;
never pull the cord.
On the recorder
• Do not shake or strike the recorder. In
addition to malfunctions and inability,
this may render the disc unusable or data
breakdown, damage or loss may occur.
• Do not get the recorder wet. When you use
the recorder in the rain or under similar
conditions, be careful not to get the recorder
• Your recorder is designed for use between
the temperatures of 0 °C and 40 °C (32 °F
and 104 °F). Shooting in extremely cold
or hot places that exceed this range is not
• After using your recorder at the seashore or
other dusty locations, clean your recorder
carefully. Otherwise, the salty air may
corrode the metal ﬁttings or dust may
enter the inside of your recorder, causing a
On heat build-up
Heat may build up in the recorder if it is used
for an extended period of time. This, however,
is not a malfunction.
On mechanical noise
The recorder gives off mechanical noise while
operating, which is caused by the power-
saving system of the recorder and it is not a
• If you use the recorder at a place subject to
static or electrical noise, the recording may
not be properly done or the recorded data
may be lost.
• Never use the recorder where it will be
subjected to extremes of light, temperature,
moisture or vibration.
• Never wrap the recorder in anything when
it is being used with the AC power adaptor.
Heat build-up in the recorder may cause
malfunction or damage.