Using the spot light-metering mode
– Flexible Spot Meter
You can take a picture with the appropriate exposure automatically for just the point
you want to focus on and with its exposure fixed. Use the Flexible Spot Meter mode in
the following cases:
– The subject is backlit.
– When there is strong contrast between the subject and background such as with a
subject that is on stage and lighted by a spotlight.
(1) Set the POWER switch to CAMERA or MEMORY/NETWORK (DCR-IP55 only).
(2) Press FN to display PAGE1.
(3) Press SPOT METER. The SPOT METER screen appears.
(4) Press the desired area in the frame on the LCD screen.
The SPOT METER indicator flashes on the LCD screen. The exposure of the point
you selected is adjusted.
To return to FN
To return to the automatic exposure mode
AUTO in step 3. The display returns to PAGE1.
The following functions do not work during the Flexible Spot Meter:
– Color Slow Shutter
Your camcorder automatically returns from the Flexible Spot Meter to the
– If you change the PROGRAM AE mode
– If you set NIGHTSHOT to ON
OK. The display returns to PAGE1.
PAGE1 PAGE2 PAGE3 EXIT