— Recording – Basics —
Recording a picture
Your camcorder automatically focuses for you.
(1) Remove the lens cap by pressing both knobs on its sides.
(2) Install the power source and insert a cassette. See "Step 1" to "Step 3" (p. 17 to 26)
for more information.
(3) Turn the grip to the recording position, and hold your camcorder through the wrist
strap. See "Quick Start Guide" (p. 10) for more information.
(4) Set the POWER switch to CAMERA. Your camcorder is set to the recording standby
(5) Slide OPEN in the direction of the B mark indicated on the camcorder to open the
LCD panel. The viewfinder automatically turns off.
(6) Press START/STOP. Your camcorder starts recording. The REC indicator appears.
The camera recording lamp located on the front of your camcorder lights up. To
stop recording, press START/STOP again.