Connecting your camcorder to your computer using the USB cable
– For Windows users
Installing the USB driver
Start the following operation without connecting the USB cable to your
Connect the USB cable according to "Making the computer recognize the
If you are using Windows 2000 Professional, log in with permission of administrators.
If you are using Windows XP, log in with permission of computer managers.
(1) Turn on your computer and allow Windows to load.
(2) Insert the supplied CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive of your computer. The
application software starts up and the title screen appears.
(3) Move the cursor to USB Driver and click. This starts USB driver installation.
(4) Follow the on-screen messages to install the USB driver.
(5) Remove the CD-ROM and then restart the computer, in accordance with the
instructions on the screen.
If you connect the USB cable before USB driver installation is complete, the USB driver
will not be properly registered. Carry out installation again in accordance with the steps
on page 158.