• Please refer to relevant topics in "TROUBLESHOOTING" on page 50 before returning the product.
• If this unit becomes inoperative, do not try to correct the problem by yourself. There are no user-serviceable
parts inside. Eject the disc (if possible), disconnect the USB Memory Stick (if connected to the unit),
place the unit into Standby mode, unplug the AC power plug, and please contact: 1-866-515-1124 or visit :
C Cleaning the Cabinet
• Wipe the front panel and other exterior surfaces of the unit with a soft cloth.
• Never use a solvent, thinner, benzene or alcohol to clean the unit. Do not spray insecticide liquid near the unit.
Such chemicals may discolor the surface or damage the unit.
C Cleaning Discs
• When a disc becomes dirty, clean it with a cleaning cloth. Wipe the disc from the center to outside. Do not wipe
in a circular motion.
• Do not use solvents such as benzine, thinner, commercially available cleaners, detergent, abrasive cleaning
agents or antistatic spray intended for analog records.
C Cleaning the Disc Lens
• If this unit still does not perform properly although you referred to relevant sections and "TROUBLESHOOTING"
in this user manual, the laser optical pickup unit may be dirty. Consult your dealer or an Authorized Service
Center for inspection and cleaning of the laser optical pickup unit.
C Disc Handling
• Handle the discs so that fingerprints and dust do not adhere to the surfaces of the discs.
• Always store the disc in its protective case when it is not used.
• Note that discs with special shapes (heart-shaped discs, octagonal discs, etc.) cannot be played back on this
unit. Do not attempt to play such discs, as they may damage the unit.
C IR Signal Check
If the remote control does not work properly, you can test IR signal using a digital camera (including a cellphone
with a built-in camera) to see if the remote control sends out the infrared signal.
1. Turn On the digital camera.
2. Direct a digital camera to the remote control, then press and hold any button on the
• If infrared light appears on the digital camera display, the remote control is working.
• Some cameras have an IR Filter and will not display the IR signal.