11.5. Software Update
Q (HOME) A "Setup" A "Advanced" A "Software Update"
This unit lets you update the software yourself using a software update disc or USB Memory Stick, or via the
The available discs are below:
C Disc / USB Memory Stick Update
You can update the software by using a disc or USB Memory Stick.
Prepare a blank disc or USB Memory Stick for software update:
Navigate to www.philips.com/support, and download the latest version software to a blank disc or USB Memory
Stick using a PC by following the directions described on the website.
• Use a blank disc or USB Memory Stick, download one software per disc or USB Memory Stick. Write the
software in the root directory of the disc or USB Memory Stick.
• For more details on how to download the software, please refer to the website.
1. Insert the Disc or connect the USB Memory Stick for Software Update.
• If a Disc is inserted, the File List screen will appear. Press [Q (HOME)].
• After connecting a USB Memory Stick, wait 10-20 seconds, then move on to step 2.
2. Use [
3. Use [
] to select "Advanced", then press [OK].
4. Use [
] to select "Software Update", then press [OK].
5. Use [
] to select "Disc" or "USB", then press [OK].
• This unit now starts loading the Update File, then Installs it. Update will take a while. Leave the unit until it
6. After Updating finishes, this unit will Restart automatically. Remove the Disc or USB Memory Stick from this unit.
• Please do not unplug the AC power cord, eject the disc or disconnect the USB Memory Stick or press
(STANDBY/ON)] to turn the unit to Standby mode while performing a "Disc / USB Update".
• Software update will not change any of the current settings.
C Network Update
You can Update the Software of this unit via the Internet if it is connected to the Internet.
1. Follow steps 2 to 4 in "Disc / USB Memory Stick Update" on this page.
2. Use [
] to select "Network", then press [OK].
• The unit will connect to the Server, then check for the latest Software Version.
3. Software Version confirmation screen will appear. Press [OK].
• Downloading of the latest Software will start. (Download may take some time.)
After completing the download, Update will start.
4. After Updating finishes, this unit will restart automatically.
• Please Do Not Unplug the AC Power cord, Ethernet cable, Wireless Modem / Router or press [
to turn the unit to Standby mode while using "Network Update".
• In order to Update the Software via the Internet, you must connect the unit to the Internet and Set up necessary
• For the network connection, refer to "Connection to the Network" on page 16.
• For the Network Setup, refer to "Network Connection" on page 40.
• Software Update will not change any of the current Settings.
] to select "Setup" in the Home Menu, then press [OK].