5. Position cuff edge 0.8-1.2
inches (2-3 cm) above elbow.
6. Center tube over middle of arm.
7. Pull the end of the cuff so that it tightens
evenly around your arm. Press the hook
and loop material together to secure.
Allow room for 2 fingers to fit between the
cuff and your arm.
8. Lay your arm on a table (palm upward) so the
cuff is at the same height as your heart. Make
sure the tube is not kinked.
• This device should not be used when your arm is
wounded or injured.
• If it is not possible to fit the cuff on your left arm, it can also
be placed on your right arm. However, all measurements
should be made using the same arm.
• To use on the right arm, you must position the artery
" over the main artery. Locate the main artery
by pressing with two fingers approximately 1" (2 cm)
above the bend of your elbow on the inside of your right
arm. Identify where the pulse can be felt the strongest.
This is your main artery.