IMPORTANT PRODUCT NOTICES
AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using your blood pressure monitor, basic precautions
should always be followed. Please read and follow all
instructions and warnings before using this product.
Save these instructions for future reference.
• Please note that this is a home healthcare product only and
it is not intended to serve as a substitute for the advice of a
physician or medical professional.
• This device uses the oscillometric method to measure
systolic and diastolic blood pressure, as well as heart rate.
• Do not use this device for diagnosis or treatment of any
health problem or disease. Measurement results are for
reference only. Consult a healthcare professional for
interpretation of pressure measurements. Contact your
physician if you have or suspect any medical problem. Do
not change your medications without the advice of your
physician or healthcare professional.
• Proper cuff size is critical for accurate measurements. Follow
the instructions in this manual and printed on the arm cuff to
ensure the appropriate size of cuff is being used.
• This product is not suitable for people with arrhythmias. This
device may have difficulty determining the proper blood
pressure for pregnant women and for users with irregular
heartbeat, diabetes, poor circulation of blood, kidney
problems or for users who have suffered from a stroke.
• Excessive use may result in blood flow interference, which
is likely to cause uncomfortable sensations, such as partial
subcutaneous hemorrhage, or temporary numbness to
your arm. In general these symptoms should not last long.
However, if you do not recover in time, please seek advice
from a medical professional.
• The pulse display is not suitable for checking the frequency
of heart pacemakers.
• Electromagnetic interference: The device contains
sensitive electronic components. Avoid strong electrical or
electromagnetic fields in the direct vicinity of the device (e.g.
mobile telephones, microwave ovens). These may lead to
temporary impairment of measurement accuracy.
• Consider the electromagnetic compatibility of the device
(ex. power disturbance, radio frequency interference etc.)
Please use this device indoors only.
• Use blood pressure monitor only for its intended use.
• Do not wrap the cuff around body parts other than your arm.
• Do not use this device on infants, children, or those who
cannot express their own intention.
• Not for use by or on persons under the age of 18.
• Use only 1.5V "AAA" alkaline batteries for power supply.
Blood pressure measurements determined with this device
are equivalent to those obtained by a trained observer using
the cuff/stethoscope auscultatory method, within the accuracy
limits prescribed by the American National Standard, Manual,
electronic, or automated sphygmomanometers.