Figure 34 Connecting the DC power cord
(Optional.) Installing transceiver modules
• To prevent particles from entering the ports, keep the dust plugs in the SFP+/SFP ports if you are
not to install transceiver modules or cables in the ports,.
• To prevent particles from entering the ports, install the dust plugs that come with the LPUs in the
QSFP+/CXP/CFP2 ports if you are not to install transceiver modules or cables in the ports.
Installing an SFP+/SFP/QSFP+ module
• Read the following instructions before you install an SFP+/SFP/QSFP+ module. Failure to follow
these instructions might cause damage to the SFP+/SFP/QSFP+ module.
• Do not remove the dust plug from the SFP+/SFP/QSFP+ module if you are not to connect an
optical fiber to the module.
• Before you install an SFP+/SFP/QSFP+ module, remove the optical fiber (if any) from it.
To install an SFP+/SFP/QSFP+ module:
Unpack the module.
Do not touch the golden plating of the module.
Pivot the clasp of the module up.
For a QSFP+ module that uses a plastic pull latch, skip this step.
Hold the module by its two sides and align the module with the port. Gently push the module
into the port until it has firm contact with the port, as shown in
For an SFP+ module, press the module down so you can push the module straight into the