Connecting cables with cable lugs
1. Select the cable lugs according to the required cable cross-section and fixing screw or stud
2. Remove the insulation from the conductor ends so that the remaining insulation reaches
3. Fasten the cable lug to the end of the conductor correctly, e.g. by squeezing.
4. Insulate the cable lug sleeves where necessary to ensure minimum air clearances and the
5. Place the cable lug on the terminal support. If you are using a disconnecting link, check its
6. Tighten the fixing element
Connection without cable lugs
Lug terminal connections - which are suitable for connecting flexible and stranded conductors
without the use of wire end ferrules - may be installed if ordered accordingly. If you wish to
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016
size. Information about the maximum cross-section for the respective standard terminal
box design can be found in the catalog.
A sloped/angular arrangement of the supply cables is only permitted provided the required
minimum air clearances are met.
almost up to the cable lug
Connection with cable lug and fixing screw (schematic diagram)
creepage distance are maintained.
For terminal boxes 1XB7740 and 1XB7750, place the cable lug on the busbar.
Fastening screw M12
Fixing screws M16
Fixing nuts M12
. Connect only one conductor per cable lug.
with the corresponding tightening torque: