Inserting the cable into the GT640 terminal box
1. If necessary, disassemble the screw caps of the threaded holes at the underside of the
2. Screw in suitable cable glands for the respective cable into the threaded holes.
3. Route the cable properly through the gable gland dependent on supply system or converter
4. Prepare the cable ends accordingly for connection to the terminals.
5. Connect the ends of the cables to the terminals in accordance with the circuit diagram.
Inserting the cable into the 1XB16... terminal box with cable gland
The connection cables are inserted into the terminal box via an exchangeable cable entry plate
or cable entry support . The cable entry plate is drilled by default. The cable glands are not
included in the standard scope of supply.
You can rotate the cable entry through 180°.
Connection technology (with cable lug / connection without cable lug)
The circuit diagram is located in the cover of the terminal box.
Refer to the "Connecting cables..." section for more information.
Cable entry plate versions
cable entry plate drilled with
2 x M80 x 2 + 2 x M25 x 1.5
4 x M80 x 2 + 2 x M25 x 1.5
Onion ring only
With cable lug (Page 71)
Without cable lug (Page 71)
Connection without cable lug not pos‐
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016