3. Prepare the bearing journals:
4. Warm up the roller bearing.
5. Push the inner ring of the warmed up roller bearing onto the shaft. Avoid any blows that
6. Make sure that the roller bearing is resting against the shaft shoulder or the second bearing.
7. Fill the bearing to the top with the specified lubricating grease.
8. Warm up the grease slinger and push it onto the shaft.
9. Locate the locking ring in the shaft groove or attach the bearing using the shaft nut or a set
10.Support the rotor for the installation of bearing housing or end shield.
11.Grease the bearing locations (bearing shield/bearing cartridge) with solid lubricant such as
12.Use a suitable sealant when assembling.
13.Install the bearing shield or bearing housing together with the bearing shield.
14.Install the outer bearing cover if one is being used.
15.Install the sealing elements:
Install the V ring
The roller bearing is already fitted. The V ring can be installed for the bearing seal.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016
– Lightly oil the inner ring seat.
– Grease the outer ring seat with solid lubricant such as the anti-fretting paste Altemp Q
might damage the bearing.
Otherwise, axial vibrations may occur.
screw, depending on the particular version.
the anti-fretting paste Altemp Q NP 50.
If present: V ring (Page 113)
Labyrinth sealing ring (special design) (Page 115)
9.2 Corrective Maintenance