Greasing the roller bearings prior to commissioning
The following information assumes that the specified storage conditions have been complied
● Pay attention to the instructions on the lubricant plate.
● Regrease in portions. The shaft must rotate so that the new grease can be distributed in
Regreasing the roller bearings prior to commissioning
● If the period between delivery and commissioning is more than a year and less than four
Regreasing roller bearings before commissioning
You must regrease the roller bearings under the following conditions:
● If the machine has been in storage for more than four years.
● If the machine has not been stored in accordance with the specifications in the "Storage"
1. Remove the bearing, regreasing pipes, grease nipples and the bearing cap.
2. Flush out the old grease.
3. Check the bearings before regreasing. If necessary, install new bearings.
4. Lubricate the bearings and reinstall the bearing components.
Regreasing intervals and types of grease for operating roller bearings (Page 101)
Stoppages (Page 89)
Transport and storage (Page 30)
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016
– Re-grease the roller bearings with twice the amount of grease specified on the lubricant
– Check the bearing temperature, as far as possible.
7.3 Greasing the roller bearings prior to commissioning