2.4 Safe handling
4. Ground and short-circuit.
5. Provide protection against adjacent live parts.
To energize the system, apply the measures in reverse order.
All work at the machine must be carried out by qualified personnel only. For the purpose of
this documentation, qualified personnel is taken to mean people who fulfill the following
● Through appropriate training and experience, they are able to recognize and avoid risks
● They have been instructed to carry out work on the machine by the appropriate person
Workplace safety depends on the attentiveness, care, and common sense of the personnel
who install, operate, and maintain the machine. In addition to the safety measures cited, as a
matter of principle, the use of caution is necessary when you are near the machine. Always
pay attention to your safety.
Also observe the following to prevent accidents:
● General safety regulations applicable in the country where the machine is deployed.
● Manufacturer-specific and application-specific regulations
● Special agreements made with the operator
● Separate safety instructions supplied with the machine
● Safety symbols and instructions on the machine and its packaging
Electric machines contain live parts.
Fatal or severe injuries and substantial material damage can occur if the covers are removed
or if the machine is not handled, operated, or maintained properly.
● Always observe the "five safety rules" (Page 15) when carrying out any work on the
● Only remove the covers using the methods described by these operating instructions.
● Operate the machine properly.
● Regularly and correctly maintain the machine.
and potential dangers in their particular field of activity.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016